Mobility Without Compromise
Small, smart, and super-lightweight, the fully-rugged TOUGHBOOK N1 is powerful, flexible, and perfect for mobile workers. Incredibly thin, this innovative handheld device has a 4.7-inch screen and weighs just 0.61 lbs. A cutting-edge communication tool, it incorporates a smartphone, tablet, and integrated barcode reader designed to work seamlessly with the device.
Dual SIM multi-carrier 4G LTE data support with cellular voice capability
Angled barcode scanner
MIL-STD-810G, 7' Drop, All-weather IP66 and IP68 Dust and Water-resistant design
The TOUGHBOOK N1 has been around since 2016 when it was introduced to cater to mobile workers using barcode readers and working in unrelenting conditions. The angled barcode reader design was, and still is, the solution for repetitive strain injuries caused by badly designed mobile barcode readers. The device was updated two years later to improve data capture, analysis, and sharing features. And in 2022, a new variant, the TOUGHBOOK N1 Tactical was launched to accommodate the needs of police, military, and public safety officers. Both the N1 and N1 Tactical are all-weather IP66 and IP68 dust- and water-resistant designs built to testing military standards. But only the N1 Tactical offers an NIAP-certified option to meet Department of Defence and Federal requirements. Additionally, the N1 Tactical is recognized as a next-generation device designed for environments that leverage situational awareness (SA) applications. These include the government’s off-the-shelf Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK). Both N1 models feature Panasonic’s patented rain sensing and glove touch enable technology and can safely be dropped up to seven feet in a wind-driven rain storm. There are a host of other features including a full HD SMP webcam and 8MP rear camera with LED light. The CPU is an industry-leading Qualcomm octa-core processor.
TOUGHBOOK N1 Key Features
- Weighing in at little more than half a pound (0.61 lb), it is one of the thinnest, lightest handheld devices in the world.
- Works with Android 9 (Pie).
- Ergonomic, angled barcode reader increases productivity.
- FirstNet Ready and capable of AT&T ePTT (enhanced push-to-talk).
- Certifications for durability include MIL-STD-810G and IP66 and IP68 all-weather sealed design. Tumble-tested and 7 ft drop-resistant.
- Integrated microphone and high-volume 100db speaker with echo cancellation microphones and noise suppression.
- Standard battery life of 12 hours allows up to 27 hours of talk time. Optional long-life battery extends this to 19 hours with up to 44 hours of talk time and increases the weight to 0.81 lb.
- Standard battery charging time is 2 hours, long-life 3.3 hours. Warm swap in a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Wireless options cover all bases including 4G LTE, Bluetooth, GPS 2m, Near field communication, and a Nano SIM card slot.
- Ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyro and acceleration sensors.