Modular, Durable, & Reliable
5MP Webcam w/privacy cover & tetra-array mic
14.0" Full HD Display with 1200 NIT brightness, capacitive touchscreen, and a 1920 x 1080 resolution
Palm rest expansion area to quickly add a contactless smartcard reader or fingerprint scanner
Optional Rubber Backlit Keyboard
Optional integrated 4G LTE or 5G Sub6, C-band with true mmWave
The 14-inch fully-rugged TOUGHBOOK 40 laptop breaks new ground. The idea, says Panasonic, is to allow agencies and enterprises the ability to build productive, robust, cost-effective technology ecosystems. Its modularity is state-of-the-art, and it offers unrivaled flexibility for those working in hugely demanding and unpredictable environments. Launched in summer of 2022, this game-changer offers a customizable design that supports security and productivity for specific needs. Its wireless capabilities and connectivity options are superior, with multiple options including a 4G LTE or 5G modem and speeds up to 5.5 GBps. There is 16GB RAM Standard expandable to 64GB, up to 3TB of storage, all-day battery life, and an optional dedicated GPU. Add to this a color-selectable backlit keyboard, four microphones, dual SIM (physical and eSIM), and 95db speakers. While its display is bigger, the TOUGHBOOK 40 is more than a pound lighter than the TOUGHBOOK 31, which was a mainstay device in the mobile rugged world for decades. Modular options include innovative expansion packs (xPAKs). There are optical drives, authentication readers, and a barcode reader xPAK. It ships loaded with an Intel 11th Gen vPro processor.
TOUGHBOOK 40 Highlights
- A 14-inch full HD widescreen 1200 nit display.
- Optional Intel Iris Xe graphics or AMD dedicated graphics.
- 11th Gen Intel Core ™ i5 or i7 processor.
- Rugged certifications include 6-foot drop, MIL-STD-810H, MIL-STD-461H, C1D2, and IP66 for all-weather use.
- USB-A and USB-C ports that include a Thunderbolt 4 port that supports 40Gbps data transfer speeds as well as power delivery and daisy chaining up to five monitors.
- Fastest cellular offering in the industry with up to 2Gbps 4G LTE or 5.5Gbps 5G (Sub6 mm) modem, C-band, and mmWave.
- All connectivity options support FirstNet (band 14), CBRS Private LTE (band 48), and dual SIM.
- Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1.
- Top quality 95db speakers, 5MP infrared webcam with privacy cover, and tetra-array microphones.
- Up to 36 hours of battery life with an optional second battery.